Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Best Friend By Hayley Smith


Today i found a friend,
Who knew everything i felt.
She knew my every weakness,
And the problems i've been dealt.
She understood my wonders.
And listened to my dreams.
She listened to i felt about live and love,
And what it all means.

Not at once she interrupt me,
Or tell me i was wrong.
She understood what i was going through,
And promise she'd stay long.

I reached out to this friend
To show her that i care
To pull her close and let her know
How much i need her there

I went to hold her hand
To pull her a bit nearer 
And realized that this perfect friend i found
Was nothing but my mirror.




2 comments:

  1. This poem is called "The Perfect Friend" By Shannen Wrass. It was published in the July 1995 issue of Teen Magazine & also in a book called "The Girls' Book Of Friendship."

    ReplyDelete